- Enlarge entrys (right-click on entry and choose "enlarge")
- English-Japanese (local)
- German-Japanese (local)
- Fixed small UI-glitches
* crash on startup if no dictionary was selected
Thiss release is mostly feature-complete. If I don't encounter any bigger bugs I will release version 1.0 soon.
Also you should delete ~/library/preferences/translator.plist as I've dropped some older settings.
* Merged local and online dictionaries.
* Flags for online dictionaries as well
* UI enhancement for dictionary-management
* After installing local dictionary interface didn't respond to selection-changes anymore.
* Query online-dictionaries (use the search-menu to select).
* a lot (all online)
* Incomplete German localization
* Auto-update did not recognize new release
: Users have already requested a lot of new dictionaries. The first problem is: MacTranslator uses external dictionaries that are freely available on the net and it is for me hard find such ones.... read more
This is just a minor update: I've added the new icon. Thank's to d-point (www.d-point.org) for designing it.
This is also the first update you can install via "Check for updates" if you have MacTranslator 0.10 running.
I just uploaded a new release: 0.10 (still not the final release).
* Auto-update via Sparkle
* Flags for langauges
* Universal binary
Due to the changed dictionaries structure (see change-log) you have to delete the file ~/library/preferences/translator.plist.
MacTranslator has been listed on MacUpdate (http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/22613) but there's a little mistake: MacTranslator requires Tiger, as it makes use of an API (NSPredicate and friends) that isn't available in previous versions. Sorry for that.
I've added support for RTL text-flow (needed for Arab) and released a PPC-only binary.
An English-Arab dictionary has been added. I will add support for correct textflow during the next days.
I'd like to encourage users of MacTranslator to contribute to the project. Things I currently need:
- Art-work: an icon and a nifty little web-page would be nice.
Please contact me if you'd like to help: firstname.lastname@example.org
I've added an install script for the CEDICT Chinese - English dictionary.
MacTranslator's sources have been added to the CVS. Since there is no release yet, you must download from CVS if you intend to use MacTranslator at this early stage of its development.