My experience with Mac MINI

2006-03-29
2012-12-05
  • Richard Wilson

Richard Wilson - 2006-03-29

Information seems to be a little scant around here.
    I tried this CD (20060326) on a MAC Mini. I discovered that I need to type "mini" at the boot prompt to get the boot progress visible on my monitor.
    The next thing I discovered is that the video buffer seems to be confused. There appear to be about 11 lines not visible at the bottom of my display. If I type a command, I have to scroll the display (for example by pressing ENTER a few times) to see the result of the command.
    This being not too useful, I have given up at this point. I'll wait for the next version.
    But if there's an experiment you need me to do, let me know (richaw at gmail dot com)

Rich

• Syed  Asim  Ali

Syed Asim Ali - 2006-04-01

I also tried the same version with my Mac Mini 1.66 Core Duo and a Viewsonic PF790 monitor. I couldn't see the screen until I booted with the mini option. With that the computer seems to lockup and doesn't boot all the way. I tried 4 times and then finally gave up. I keeps locking up at different stages.

• Magazine Avosmac

On a iMac Intel, i have no problem. But i would like the same with an USB key. How can i do ?

(sorry i speak french...)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks