Menu

Status & offer to help

Scott S.
2008-03-10
2013-04-22
  • Scott S.

Scott S. - 2008-03-10

I have been trying to get started on a very similar project to the one you have listed here.  The only difference was I was going to do a Java version.  I'm wondering what you have complete, and if there are is anyway that I could help.

Thanks
    Scott

• Jay Atkinson

Jay Atkinson - 2009-04-11

I'm not sure if you'll see this post! I hardly ever check the forums.  Sorry, so long replying.  It's best to email me.  I haven't put much effort into it the last two years, due to many other circumstances.  I've just recently started back at it again and I plan to have a good chunk of it done by end of August. 

I'm still designing my main data interface which I just switched to ZODB (object database, not relational) because I don't think in relational databases.  Later on if I want to put it in a relational database, ZODB has backends to connect to a database and my code won't have to change much.  Once I get the main interface to the data complete, I'll switch to designing the graphical user interface.

I seriously doubt I'll do java.  I hate it's syntax.  I might as well do it in C++ which I know very well.  But, I would rather do it Python because it's such a dream to program not too mention lots of free code that just works.