MacGLide 0.13 has finally been released, with lots of new features, better compatibility and the usual bunch of bugfixes.
+ Improved rendering quality for Tomb Raider 1 Gold:
- geometry analysis (and correction) for removing
background-colored gaps between landscape tiles.
- Runtime analysis of texture content for removing
texture border artefacts caused by anisotropic
filtering/mipmapping and the way TR1 stores its
+ adjustable Gamma Bias
+ Optimisations for the framebuffer emulation
(Carmageddon, Falcon 4.0):
- Altivec Velocity Engine optimised color format
conversion for maximum performance on slower machines
- Fiddling with the cache lines in order to optimise
memory bandwidth usage on G4-based systems
- Only downloading the parts of the framebuffer to
the GPU that actually have changed, skipping any
On my 450Mhz Cube Carmageddon now plays almost fluid
with a Radeon 9000 at 1024x768. Falcon 4.0 users should
also benefit from an improved framerate, but I haven't
tested this thoroughly.
+ resolution cap config setting allows for setting the
maximal resolution ever requested by MacGLide
(useful if resolution doubling is enabled)
Behind the scenes:
+ Revised and extended preferences system
- Default settings for all games
- Game specific settings
- Oh yes, older settings are again reset
(hopefully for the last time)
See the changelog for an (almost :^) complete list of bugfixes
Log in to post a comment.