A few (keyboard?) issues on Mac OSX 10.6

Dave Mill
2010-11-15
2013-04-25
  • Dave Mill

Dave Mill - 2010-11-15

I've just downloaded 2.0 of FlightGear and have had some issues. About to go to bed so figured I'd post here to see if anyone can help me out. Otherwise I'll continue experimenting tomorrow.

First of all, I seemed to have no sound when starting, no engine sound or anything. I think I've fixed that by going in to the volume controls and turning off and on the various sounds. Now I seem to hear the odd radio noise I think.

I then don't think my Page Up key is performing as a throttle up. I tried the keyboard.xml but that didn't help. But it seems that is meant for 1.x so maybe its no wonder. So then I found the vi style commands.

These seem to work, kinda… I type :et 1 and it seems like it set the throttle to 1. But my plane stays still. The guides I've read dictate I should now be moving :)

So, so far the game looks good. I'm sitting on the runway at my local airport in Palmi, NZ. But I can't seem to move :)

Mac OSX 10.6 running on a 24" iMac from late 2008.

Cheers in advance.

Dave

• Anonymous - 2010-12-05

Throttle up on my MAC Snow Leopard is '9' key.  To get sound, you have to open 'File' - 'Sound Configuration'. 

Hope that helps. 
    Scott

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks