SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

Emerald Theme Issue

Help
Chris C
2008-02-19
2012-10-08
  • Chris C

Chris C - 2008-02-19

Hello

Mac4lin has been working well. However, upon installing the emerald theme I have noticed a few issues. On the top title bar, where the red, yellow, green buttons are, sometimes I will have black flashing or it will become clear on a few windows. This only happens when I visit my personal google.com/ig page and when I load openoffice.org. Any suggestions?

• Anirudh Acharya

Anirudh Acharya - 2008-02-21

Try updating the Emerald Themer and graphics drivers. These are the only things I can think of. I tried to reproduce this issue but couldn't. Which distro do you use?

• Chris C

Chris C - 2008-02-21

I'm using Ubuntu 7.10. I'll try updating Emerald Themer and my graphics driver (I believe I'm already running the latest nvidia drivers). I'm not so sure about the Emerald Themer, but I obtained that off of synaptic so maybe there's a newer version available online. Thanks for the help. However, I find it very odd it'll only happen on certain webpages and certain programs. When I browse folders in Nautilus etc everything is fine. If I go to close openoffice, and if I leave the cursor on any of the three buttons for a few seconds, the error will occur.

• Chris C

Chris C - 2008-02-21

Ok. Tried and I have the latest nvidia drivers. I have emerald themer 0.3.0 -svn. I still have the problems...

• Anirudh Acharya

Anirudh Acharya - 2008-02-25

I can't think of anything... ?? Mebbe flash/java problem? or compiz itself? If nothing works then you can disable and use Metacity with Compiz instead. Mac4Lin has a metacity theme too included with the gtk one.