A few minor issues

Help
2008-06-29
2012-10-08
  • Jeff Nelson
    Jeff Nelson
    2008-06-29

I just have a few icon issues. I'm using Ubuntu Hardy, 8.04, and I'm using the themes associated with mac4lin 0.4. I noticed you have a finder icon on your screenshots for AWN, but I don't have that on mine. I'm guessing that's either an awn main menu button or an affinity search button. Either way, it either looks like an abuntu icon or a magnifying glass. Other version of mac4lin themes will have the awn main menu look like an apple icon instead. My firefox icon still looks like firefox, instead of safari, although my thunderbird icon changed into an apple icon, and the switcher does not look like an apple switcher icon. I see you have a time machine icon, what applet are you using that for? Next to applications in the top panel, I have an Ubuntu icon instead of the apple icon, but mac4lin 0.3 had and apple icon. Also, my trash can in awn always shows empty, even though it has many items in it. I know that's a lot, but I figure I should ask, anyway. I don't know how to post a screenshot in this forum. Sorry. Thank you for all the good work!

1. Finder icon can be found under ~/.icons/<mac4lin theme>/scalable/apps/nautilus.png

2. Working on a new icon theme, anyway.

3. Apple icon is only for demonstration purpose. The release will include a GNOME icon henceforth.

4. Time machine - Transmission. The icon just looked cool. There is no relation between the icon and the app, btw :P

5. Ubuntu 8.04 has changed the location of Trash but the AWN team has not updated the Trash applet.

6. You can post/attach the screenshots in the Tracker.

7. Yes, the version numbering was goofed up.. and is being carried on.. hehe.. Don't worry. Things will be rite when 1.0 is out..

• Jeff Nelson
      Jeff Nelson
      2008-06-29

My mistake, I see there was a post relating to something like this already... So, this has something to do with the version of Gnome I'm using? Well, I guess I'll just wait until v0.5 is released. I noticed you said it's in beta right now, but just out of curiosity, shouldn't any software labeled less than 1.0 be considered a beta anyhow?