Minor problems/bugs/features i don't know

Help
2008-02-15
2012-10-08
  • Mikael Møller

Mikael Møller - 2008-02-15

Hi guys,

Sorry for my poor English, and thanks for your exceptionally fine work on Mac4Lin.

It's first time ever I'm using it, which is om my Ubuntu 7.10 at a Thinkpad T60. I Really like what your doing, and of cause there is some minor problems. Some of them are all ready listed here in the forum, or at the bug list. Ex. Volume, Wireless, etc.

But i found 2 thing I'd like to mention:

I've marked them on this screenshot:
    http://www.i-dyllen.dk/mac4lin.jpg

Perhaps i should mention that i use Mac4Lin_GTK_v4.0, and i didn't like the Firefox plugin.

1.When i have had my mouse over a button in Firefox, the background of the button change to a lighter gray, as you can see in my bookmarks, Stop and Home buttons.

1. I think it's a bit annoying the the shadow of the gnome-panel in the top lays over the windows. Have i just got some thing wrong here, or is this the real meaning of this.

Hope you can help me, and thanks again for your great work.

Greetings
    The danish computer science student

• Benny

Benny - 2008-03-09

For 1) I have the same problem and I also think it is really ugly.
      Because I don't like all the mac themes I took the Saturated theme (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3608).
      It looks almost the same and the problem is gone!

(Also apologizing for bad english)
      benny

• Anirudh Acharya

Anirudh Acharya - 2008-02-19

1) Yes, the default firefox and thunderbird skins act weird with Mac4lIn and its not possible to edit it as it'll break the mac4lin gtk theme. I guess editing the firefox skin in the only option at which I'm no good at. Hence I bundle a safari like skin with the pack.

2) The top gnome panel shadow is a feature of Compiz and not Mac4Lin. There are ways to disable it. For that you need to install Compiz control settings manager. Plz see at the compiz forums for more help. That is not an issue and can be solved.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks