Hi Infra, hi *,
first of all thanks a lot for your very cool theme. I use it and like it since v0.4. Most of the hacks work on a fedora 10 but there are some issues i will post:
just for your info. i hope feedback is helping to make mac4lin better than it is. I'm looking forward for RC2 and the final one!
greetings from lower bavaria, germany. Take care and have fun!
Glad you like Mac4Lin. I will answer your Qs one by one.
1) Yes, thats correct and thats how they are in the 1.0 RC1. But I've made some changes in RC2 which will be out soon.
2) Can you send me a screenshot of the same. I'm unaware of the icon assignments in Fedora/Red Hat. If possible then can you email me the default gnome icon theme too so that I can get to know the icon identifiers and make the necessary changes. Its best if you upload both these on some file sharing website and post the link (you can email me too).
3) I guess thats a known issue. But I'm supposing someone got around by compiling it (even tho you say it didn't work for you). I'll get back to you on this.
4) Yes, there has been a slight change. Thanks for pointing it out. The docs would be suitably updated.
5) Yes, thats known again. Actually GTK doesn't support transparency natively. What I've used is just a trick which tries to mimic a round corner menu. So I'm afraid unless GTK team does something about it not much can be done :(
Of corz, its feedback like yours which helps me work on Mac4Lin and make it better :) Keep 'em flowing!
Anirudh (a.k.a infra_red_dude)
thanx a lot for your quick reply!
I found a solution for:
3.) I found a already compiled version of the awn pidgin plug-in for x64. I lost the complete url but i found it over the ubuntu forum where i found your topic. I put it in the file with the screenshots.
I also use right know Peng's Mac4Lin 1.0 RC1 Firefox 3 theme so FF is looking nice with the also updated addon's.
I changed the theme for thunderbird, because the current version of your theme for thunderbird uses in fedora not correct fonts and the listing of the mails is not like mail on mac (on my mac it looks like my thunderbird screen shot)
I' ll give my best to help you about the red hat/fedora icon's. A screen shot will maybe not complete helpful cause i changed the icons manually for example the open office suite. also i changed the icon for the nautilus file manager. you can see the default menu icon for the nautilus manager in the screen shot in the awn panel as running task. I found that instead of the gnome default icons on fedora there will be used a icon theme called tango. I putted all these icons in the download file. I hope i did it correct. I'm not very into this theming and styling stuff. Code yes, but design....
One more suggestion: Is it possible to give a unactive window a different color so that the effect is like on the mac? I looked into the theme files but couldn't find any hint for it.
One more question: Do you know a config file where i cant disable on mouse over sounds for the awn panel? Here on my fedora 10 every time you go over an icon there is a annoying sound played. Thanx a lot!
Hope that helps!
it's me again. I investigated a bit better and found out that the default theme in fedora is Nodoka. It's using the Fedora Icon theme. I must have installed the Tango theme by myself. ( what a pity, sorry for that ) As i removed it the default icons appear as you can see in the new screen shot. Look at the File manager icon in the awn task panel.
Here's the new uri for the file: http://rapidshare.com/files/200283733/Mac4LinFiles2.tar.gz
I hope it still helps!
greetings and thanx from very snowy bavaria
Thank you so much for the feedback. I appreciate that. I will get back to you in sometime.
I went thru the files. I thank you for sending me the files. I will try to figure out the correct file names in Fedora. Also, which Thunderbird theme are you using?
I'm glade to help you! Sorry for my delay! I was away for work. The Thunderbird theme I'm using is ACE CuteBird(Blue) [https://addons.mozilla.org/de/thunderbird/addon/6125] I use it because on Fedora the current version of Thunderbird is 220.127.116.11. Looking forward to here from you!
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.