Lenovo V100 Ali 5602 Bisoncam

Help
2009-01-25
2013-03-08
  • Rob McCarrick

Rob McCarrick - 2009-01-25

Hi,
    I have recently installed Ubuntu Intrepid 8.10 on my Lenovo 3000 V100 laptop.  I've been having problems getting the camera to work.  It's a Bisoncam Ali 5602.  I followed the directions on this site:

http://m560x-driver.wiki.sourceforge.net/howto_install

Everything installs fine.  I also placed the following in my .gnomerc file:

export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l1compat.so

When I try to run the camera through camorama, I get a flash of static and the message:

unable to capture image

The camera light turns on, so at least something is working.  Also, I am unable to get Skype functioning.  When testing the camera, everything just freezes.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Has anyone gotten these drivers working for the Lenovo V100 camera?

• cmavr8

cmavr8 - 2009-01-26

Hi Rob, I also have this laptop but haven't managed to get it to work, either.

By "everything just freezes" you mean that the place where your picture should appear is white, right?
      That's what mine does.

I had managed to get it to show my face (too much green) once upon a time, but formatted (maybe upgraded to 8.10, too) and lost it...

If I come up with a solution you'll know it..

Chris

• Rob McCarrick

Rob McCarrick - 2009-01-26

yes, sorry for not being clear.  When I hit the test button in Skype, I get a white box with no picture that persists.  Thanks for tracking down that error message using VLC!  That might aid someone in helping us!  I really hope that I can get the camera up and running.  I have everything including the fingerprint reader functioning.  The camera is that last step to having a fully functioning Linux laptop.

• cmavr8

cmavr8 - 2009-01-26

When I run command " vlc v4l2:// " in terminal, I get some text (I think it's all normal), a black window and an reccurring error:

"libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Input/output error
      [00000409] v4l2 demux error: Failed to wait (VIDIOC_DQBUF)"

over and over again... until I close vlc.

• cmavr8

cmavr8 - 2009-01-26

When I run command " vlc v4l2:// " in terminal, I get some text (I think it's all normal), a black window and an reccurring error:

"libv4l2: error dequeuing buf: Input/output error
      [00000409] v4l2 demux error: Failed to wait (VIDIOC_DQBUF)"

over and over again... until I close vlc.

• Erik Andrén

Erik Andrén - 2009-06-21

If you're using ubuntu jaunty, skype should just work.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks