Menu

Large number of tracks

rctaubert
2009-04-07
2013-04-23
  • rctaubert

rctaubert - 2009-04-07

Thank you so much for putting the app on CodeProject.  Before this I had been doing the lyrics manually with only about 50% success.

I have over 600 CDs ripped to a computer who's sole purpose in life is to play back my music.  I use Windows Vista Ultimate WMP 11.

There are over 12000 individual tracks, but to make matters worse WMP thinks they are stored in two different locations.  Lyrics Fetcher therefore thought there were over 25000 tracks.

When I clicked 'Select All' your program had no problems marking them all selected.  But when I clicked on 'Fetch' nothing happened.  I shut the progam down and tried again this time being very careful that I did not doubl-click any buttons.  I waited a considerable time but still nothing happed.  If you would like me to do any specific testing please let me know.

I went back and selected about a third of the tracks (< 10000) and your program performed flawlessly.  I repeated this process two more times and Fetcher cycled through all of the tracks. NONE were marked as missing.  Amazing!!!!

Now, since all the tracks were listed twice, when Fetcher looked for the song the second time did it overwrite what it had written before or simply ingnore the song altogether?????

Is there a known limit on the maximum number of tracks Fetcher can look for at a time????

One last question: while writing this app did you by chance develope a flow chart???

• Mazko

Mazko - 2011-06-23

I removed The animations that roll at The Lyrics Status bar and reduced simultaneously fetched lyrics amount. Just tested +20000 tracks with no crash or major choke. Thou I have upgraded my computer since old choke crashes.