I'm currently rolling out a bonsaï server. As part of this work,
I had to check out lxr and found there was no lxr rpm available anywhere
(no doubt because of the glimpse dependency). Here is my first cut at a
lxr rpm 4 spec. Note that I had little time to play with lxr so this
might be atrociously wrong.
All packaging decisions in this spec are mine ; all errors are
mine too. If you have any spec knowledge please review the spec file.
Comments are welcome.
Please note that I have have no intention at all to maintain or
distribute this spec file after our bonsaï server start running happily
(which should be RSN). It's submitted on these lists in the hope someone
(preferably a lxr maintener) will pick it up, intergrate it to lxr/ put
it on lxr website, do a lot of wonderfull anhancements and maintain it
Known problems so far are :
- dubious maintainer and packaging decisions
- unsigned rpms
- heavy use of rpm 4 macros, so it might break on earlier versions of
- no addition at all to the documentation to explain rpm use / no
- no inclusion of the spec in the official tar.gz (so don't even think
of rpm -tb for now)
- lxr-glimpse depends on glimpse, and glimpse is not Open Source so
finding a glimpse rpm might be difficult (hint : the PLD glimpse spec is
not too difficult to adapt for a RedHat distrib)
- lack of testing
However it is much nicer IMHO to have on a server than the
tar.gz, it won't bite, rpm -e works flawlessly so you can give it a try.
Just don't come screaming after me afterwards:)