I've just released version 0.8 of the lxr. This is still a development
release, but it marks a major step towards the 1.0 release. Thanks to
all the people who sent in patches or filed bug reports for their help
in getting this release ready.
Here's the changes and new features (those I can remember, anyway):
* Generic language support added. All languages supported by ctags
5.0.1 can now be used with lxr - just add some information to
lib/LXR/Lang/generic.conf to configure
* Filename <-> language mapping now controlled by lxr.conf
* New templates to make setting up clearer
* Java browsing now works
* Much improved C++ support
* In multi-language environments, keywords in a language are no longer
hyperlinked if a different language happens to have them as an
* Memory leak in genxref fixed
* genxref now has working --allversions support
* Which files to treat as images is now configured from lxr.conf
* Binary files in the CVS backend work properly thanks to pok.
Please download this new version and try it out - as always, bouquets
and brickbats are both welcome.