Menu

Ideal fonts

Help
2008-03-16
2013-04-11
  • jefersondossantos

Hi again
    I like to know what are the ideal fonts to use in lxp... i am a debian user and my system now olny have xfonts-base.

I like know also howto increase font size and icons size in start menu and finally I like to know how i can contribute to project. I don't a programmer but i really like this idea and will help-me very much in a migration process from windows to linux...

ps: sorry again my english

• Myles Green

Myles Green - 2008-03-16

Hi!

jefersondossantos (lordhulk) - 2008-03-16 05:08 wrote:
      > Hi again
      > I like to know what are the ideal fonts to use in lxp... i am a debian user and my system now
      > olny have xfonts-base.

The fonts in use with most of the LXP themes are Lucidia and Verdana, so you will need to install the msttcorefonts and cabextract packages - if I remember corectly the Lucidia fonts should already be installed.

>
      > I like know also howto increase font size and icons size in start menu and finally I like to know

There are a couple of ways to do this, one way is to copy the lxp-themes from /usr/share/lxp-icewm/themes/* (or /usr/local/share/lxp-icewm/themes/*) to your home directory - /home/<username>/.lxp-icewm/themes/ - and then edit the default.theme file in each theme folder. Another way is to create the file ~/.lxp-icewm/prefoverride and add the changes you want to it (hint: use the format seen in the above mentioned default.theme files). What I usually do is open the file ~/.lxp-icewm/preferences file and scroll down 2/3 to 3/4 of the page until I see a section like this:

<snip>
      # -----------------------------------------------------------
      # Themable preferences. Themes will override these.
      # To override the themes, place them in ~/.lxp-icewm/prefoverride
      # -----------------------------------------------------------
      </snip>

Then I just copy everything from there to the end of the file and paste it into my ~/.lxp-icewm/prefoverride file. Then it's easier to just edit this one file so my prefered fonts and icon sizes are used with every theme.

> how i can contribute to project. I don't a programmer but i really like this idea and will
      > help-me very much in a migration process from windows to linux...

This is really a question I can't (or shouldn't) answer because I'm not the Lead Developer also I'm not the Project Administrator. You should contact Manuel Carrasco via manuel_carrasco@users.sourceforge.net and ask him NOTE: he has either been very busy or is otherwise MIA as I have not heard from him in several months now :-(

>
      > ps: sorry again my english 

No problem, your english is just fine :-)

Anyway, I hope I've been able to help you with this. If you have any more questions I will be very happy to try and help again.

Regards,
      Myles