for whou would like to quick test the keyboard layouts handler applet on lubuntu 12.04 I created debian packages
just install and run "lxpanelctl restart"
updates on the keyboard layouts handler panel applet:
- fixed bugs
- added flags (only two flags are missing now)
please let me know if you will include my job in the lxpanel main branch or not
Giuseppe.On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 5:26 PM, Giuseppe Penone <email@example.com> wrote:
I completed the improvement of the panel applet "keyboard layout switcher".
You can see a snapshot of the final version here: http://postimage.org/image/jx2nu2yip/
The features are:
- change keyboard model clicking on button and choosing from a list
- add / remove keyboard layouts choosing from a complete list including the variants
- move the existing layouts up and down so changing the toggling sequence and the default (first) layout
- change layout toggle/switch option clicking on button and choosing from a list
The source code is here http://code.google.com/p/giuspen-lxpanel-0-5-10/source/checkout
I started my work cloning the 0.5.10 version of lxpanel, the only changes that I made are to
As you can see from the screenshot, not all the flags are available.
The flags are in lxpanel-0.5.10/src/plugins/xkb/flags/*.svg and are taken from xfce4-xkb-plugin.
If anybody would like to help me complete the missing (svg) flags please contact me.
I would be very glad if my work will be accepted in the lxpanel main branch.