Menu

new user old plotter...

h2s04BU
2006-07-28
2013-04-22
  • h2s04BU

h2s04BU - 2006-07-28

I am quite new to linux and am hooked.  I am a BASIC and DOS user from way back and linux is right up my alley.  Currently using ubuntu (dedicated) and would like to plot AutoCAD 2002 DWG's to an Ioline LP3700.  It has a straight serial connection that I need to make a cable for but it would be cool to get it to work.  I work at a theater (so no obvious budget :/) and we need to plot lighting plans that we get from designers.  Any info on this plotter or LX issues with it?  Thanks so much in advance

• Andrew Bibb

Andrew Bibb - 2006-07-29

Sorry to report, but I don't think Lx-viewer is going to be able to help.  The only version we have that works uses old OpenDWG libraries and they will not open ACAD2002 files.  I did start a complete rework of the program to use the newer libraries, but the work involved soon became overwhelming.  I am not finding the new C++ libraries easy to deal with.  As such work on the program has kind of stopped. 

In the original version of the program I tried to have it output to a serial port as a plot option.    I had no way of testing it, and never could find someone with an old serial plotter to test, so I removed the option (it is greyed out) in the dialog.  The upshot is the code is still in the program (just need to uncomment a few lines), but I don't know if it worked.

Andy