FTP can mount but can't write

Help
2004-02-03
2004-04-07
  • Ron Weidner

Ron Weidner - 2004-02-03

I've installed lufs-0.9.7.  I can mount an ftp site using the mount command.  Then I can read all files and directories, but I can't write.  Only the mount command connects.  this is the command I used...

mount -t lufs none /mnt/astrodust/ -o nosuid,fs=ftpfs,host=somehost.com, username=me@somehost.com, password=shhh,own_fs, uid=localusername,ftpactive

any help would be appreciated.

Ron_W

• Christoph Kobe

Christoph Kobe - 2004-02-15

This is what works for me:

mount -t lufs none ../www.kobelix.de/ -o fs=ftpfs,host=foobar.de,username=barfoo,password=***,fmask=644,dmask=755,own_fs

the important options are fmask=644 and dmask=755 which give you read AND write permission on files and directories. By default you have fmask=444 and dmask=555 => no write permission.

Don't put spaces between the `host=somehost.com, username=', do it like this: `hostname=bla,username=bla'.

• Ron Weidner

Ron Weidner - 2004-04-07

Thankyou.. that helped.. the exact syntax I used was (except for user and pass of course)

mount -t lufs none /mnt/ftp/ -o nosuid,fs=ftpfs,host=somehost.com,username=dude@somehost.com,password=shhhh,fmask=644,dmask=755,own_fs,uid=userdude,gid=groupfordude

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks