I know of a GUI test harness called TAAL ( Testing And Analysis tooL for
Linux) by TCS( tata consultancy services). Its available under GPL.
This has a lot of nice features, it gives you a GUI for
1. remote execution of tests over the LAN,
2. running of tests on different test machines using one installation of the
3. scheduling of tests in parallel or serial order.
4. lets you specify stress level in terms of num of iterations/ instances of
tests to run.
5. central logging of results
6. test failure notification via email
7. management of different tests ( system, unit, regression, validation
etc.) on different platforms (x86, strong ARM etc...)
8. managemnt of test results.
9. A users guide for the tool
10. It is a flexible framework and can even be used to run LTP or any other
can be downloaded at
From: James Kenefick [mailto:jkenefic@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 12:32 PM
Subject: [LTP] Additional test tools?
We are putting together a table of
test tools other than the LTP which can be used
for testing Linux. I need to get the name of the
tool, what it does and link to where it can be
thanks for your help!
James M Kenefick Jr.
"Give me your testcases!!"
Linux Technology Center
It is one of the most beautiful compensations
of this life that no man can sincerely try to
help another without helping himself.
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson --
Don't miss the 2002 Sprint PCS Application Developer's Conference
August 25-28 in Las Vegas -- http://devcon.sprintpcs.com/adp/index.cfm
Ltp-list mailing list