* Copyright (c) 2000 Silicon Graphics, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
* under the terms of version 2 of the GNU General Public License as
* published by the Free Software Foundation.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it would be useful, but
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
* Further, this software is distributed without any warranty that it is
* free of the rightful claim of any third person regarding infringement
* or the like. Any license provided herein, whether implied or
* otherwise, applies only to this software file. Patent licenses, if
* any, provided herein do not apply to combinations of this program with
* other software, or any other product whatsoever.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along
* with this program; if not, write the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59
* Temple Place - Suite 330, Boston MA 02111-1307, USA.
* Contact information: Silicon Graphics, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy,
* Mountain View, CA 94043, or:
* For further information regarding this notice, see:
#define MAX_PIDS 4098
extern int Forker_pids[MAX_PIDS]; /* holds pids of forked processes */
extern int Forker_npids; /* number of entries in Forker_pids */
* This function will fork and the parent will exit zero and
* the child will return. This will orphan the returning process
* putting it in the background.
int background( char * );
* Forker will fork ncopies-1 copies of self.
* arg 1: Number of copies of the process to be running after return.
* This value minus one is the number of forks performed.
* arg 2: mode: 0 - all children are first generation descendents.
* 1 - each subsequent child is a descendent of another
* descendent, resulting in only one direct descendent of the
* parent and each other child is a child of another child in
* relation to the parent.
* arg 3: prefix: string to preceed any error messages. A value of NULL
* results in no error messages on failure.
* returns: returns to parent the number of children forked.
int forker( int , int , char * );
#endif /* _FORKER_H_ */