Menu

PRIM_NORMAL and PRIM_SPECULAR Missing from editor

2016-11-02
2016-11-29
  • cherry hotaling

cherry hotaling - 2016-11-02

Hi there,
    I was wondering if there was an update coming or if there is anything I need to do to add PRIM_NORMAL and PRIM_SPECULAR which is part of new features of llSetLinkPrimitiveParams
    Since it is missing it will not highlight and obviously errors when you debug.
    Thank you for your time

• Peter Gloor

Peter Gloor - 2016-11-02

Since it got its last update about 3 years ago I’m afraid there is much more missing. I just tested with
      PRIM_ALPHA_MODE and its related constants, they are missing too.

I remember having seen some work on Github where somebody added some new features like experiences and the new bones.

If I find some time later next week I'll take a look into the code and get back on you in case I succeed. Last time I tried to add a fix I didn't succeed because I didn't have the right tools.

• cherry hotaling

cherry hotaling - 2016-11-03

Thank you for the reply!
        That would be awesome I am sure many would appreciate it.

• Ima Mechanique

Ima Mechanique - 2016-11-03

I haven't been in SL for over three years now, which is why I can't keep track of changes and update this project. However, if I can provide help to do so please feel free to contact me.
    @Peter the best fix to this issue would be to make use of the syntax file that the SL client now downloads to highlight its own editor, this wouldn't help with debugging as it requires separate entries.

• Peter Gloor

Peter Gloor - 2016-11-04

@Ima Thank you for the hint to make use of the clients syntax file. I already had a chance to take a look into the code and managed to compile the current state in Visual Studio 2015 CE. In addition I've already seen where to apply the most important changes. I'll get back on you as soon I'm ready if your assistance is needed.

• cherry hotaling

cherry hotaling - 2016-11-04

You guys are amazing for taking the time on this!
    I was looking through the SecondLife/LSL_Functions.cs and the SecondLife/LSL_Constants.cs and obviously the new parameters are missing from there.
    I am sure adding them there was the solution.
    I just wasnt sure how to add the requirements for PRIM_SPECULAR such as:
    "integer face, string texture, vector repeats, vector offsets, float rotation_in_radians, vector color, integer glossiness, integer environment"
    for auto completion.

Big hugs btw for taking the time to respond, I have been out of SL for about 2 years. So when I went back to scripting I wanted to use the best lsl editor i have ever known. I could never ever go back to the editor inside SL.

Last edit: cherry hotaling 2016-11-04
  • cherry hotaling

cherry hotaling - 2016-11-16

Let me know if you need any help or info. Hope all is going well!

• Peter Gloor

Peter Gloor - 2016-11-17

Sorry, I had two busy weeks and did not yet find the time. It's still on my schedule.

• cherry hotaling

cherry hotaling - 2016-11-29

No problem! Thanks for still looking into it!