Status, Current Project Lead?

2012-01-30
2013-05-01
  • Gary Aitken

Gary Aitken - 2012-01-30

Can anyone tell me the current status of LProf?
    Is anyone officially the project lead?
    Is anyone actively working on it?
    Thanks.

• Anonymous - 2012-07-12

I am also interested whether the project is maintained and so further development is planned.
    Currently I am mostly interested in porting from qt3 to qt4 of lprof.

• Bernard

Bernard - 2012-07-12

The project is dormant. It's working but no one is improving the code base.
    The current version of LProf was ported to QT4 a few years ago, in 2008 I believe. You need to build the code from the repository to get the current version. See my instructions here for Mac: https://sourceforge.net/projects/lprof/forums/forum/488888/topic/3951178

• Anonymous - 2012-07-15

I understand this porting fetches the code from the server and and then compiles, is that correct?
    If so, my question is if there is any possibility to compile lprof as the qt project, in Qt Creator on the desktop OS.
    Qt4 + (OSX 10.6 or even Windows XP or Vista). 

• Bernard

Bernard - 2012-07-15

The macport bundle will download, compile, and install everything needed including the full QT4 libraries. All QT4 installs are not similar. That's another reason to stick with macport to do the work. I'd avoid doing anything with QT Creator unless you're very comfortable with it.

By the way, my impression is that the engine in LProf is excellent. It works very well even though no one has made a commit in many years. Allmost all of the problems I've encountered are at the front end. The graphical interface is clunky and it is based on the massive QT4 library. That's however not likely to change since there is very little traffic for this tool. It's a great free alternative if you're a hobbyist but any pro will go for a paid profiler.

• Anonymous - 2012-07-15

Well, the point is,  I would play arround with the code and use the engine in my Qt project, since it is open source. I am working with the image processing application and would like expand it about IT8 calibration feature. This is why I would have this source buildable within QtCreator with qmake.
    Btw. I only managed to run the .exe file on windows to see how works.
    Unfortunately, have problems with porting it - I follow the steps you posted, bduchesne. Although I am getting errors while building lprof. I will appreciate any help… See part of the log in the attachment:

/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/lcmsprf.h:55:20: error: xspect.h: No such file or directory
    :info:build /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/lcmsprf.h:56:23: error: insttypes.h: No such file or directory
    :info:build /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/lcmsprf.h:55:20: error: xspect.h: No such file or directory
    :info:build /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/lcmsprf.h:56:23: error: insttypes.h: No such file or directory
    :info:build In file included from /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/cmslm.c:31:
    :info:build /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/lcmsprf.h:461: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘instType’
    :info:build In file included from /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/cmshull.c:33:
    :info:build /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof/src/liblprof/lcmsprf.h:461: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before ‘instType’
    :info:build make[2]: *** [src/liblprof/CMakeFiles/liblprof.dir/cmslm.o] Error 1
    :info:build make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
    :info:build make[2]: *** [src/liblprof/CMakeFiles/liblprof.dir/cmshull.o] Error 1
    :info:build make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof'
    :info:build make[1]: *** [src/liblprof/CMakeFiles/liblprof.dir/all] Error 2
    :info:build make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof'
    :info:build make: *** [all] Error 2
    :info:build make: Leaving directory `/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof'
    :info:build Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_graphics_lprof/lprof/work/lprof" && /usr/bin/make -j2 -w all 
    :info:build Exit code: 2
    :error:build org.macports.build for port lprof returned: command execution failed
    :debug:build Error code: CHILDSTATUS 29853 2
    :debug:build Backtrace: command execution failed
        while executing
    "system -nice 0 $fullcmdstring"
        ("eval" body line 1)
        invoked from within
    "eval system $notty $nice \$fullcmdstring"
        invoked from within
    "command_exec build"
        (procedure "portbuild::build_main" line 8)
        invoked from within
    "$procedure $targetname"
    :info:build Warning: targets not executed for lprof: org.macports.activate org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
    :

• ronsf

ronsf - 2012-08-13

Good to see that there is some recent conversation; I already feared there'd be nobody around at all anymore!
    I did exactly as described in the referenced post but got a build error as described here:
    https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3556898&group_id=146038&atid=764370

Seems like a missing include path, which, if it is that, should be easy enough to fix for someone who knows what they're doing. Unfortunately, I don't—not with the build system in any case.
    Any hints would be much appreciated.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks