From: Ben Woodard <ben@va...> - 2001-05-15 18:58:31
Yesterday, I got the gnulpr 2.0 code to the point where I can get a
one document job on my HP LaserJet 4050 printer using the LPR
The next phase is more testing:
1) Multi-doc jobs
2) DeskJet testing. This exercises the queue manager as opposed to the
3) queue loadup testing. I want to make sure that the queuing works as
4) pass document by reference document tests.
5) Native filterdir tests
6) test input filters on remote printers.
After that I go back into development mode. In particular the things
that are on the top of my list are:
1) graft in sun's princess abstract printcap functions (this is
already in progress)
2) graft in sun's lpr and lp compatible clients
3) queue control functionality (lpc and lprm would be really nice)
4) input end of lpr network protocol
once I have those four things done I think we may be good to go for a
Of course all the features functions already present in the current
releases would carry over.