Help
halloei
2014-05-13
2014-05-15
  • halloei

halloei - 2014-05-13

Hi,

at first, thanks for your work!

I need to get the content of a cmd-like window on Windows.
    There is a print button on the application. Real printers have no problems printing it, but using your library I have some formatting problems.

There are hyphens and CR linebreaks added to the output. Sometimes whitespaces are missing. At the end of the content several LR linebreaks are added.

What is the problem here? How can I format the text like real printers do? I use the Java version of this software.

Greetings

Last edit: halloei 2014-05-13
    • Chris Simoes

Chris Simoes - 2014-05-15

Halloei,
      I am happy to try and help, but I was hoping you could answer a couple questions I have posted to this forum.

-Chris

• Chris Simoes

Chris Simoes - 2014-05-15

Halloei,
    I suspect that the printer driver you are using is adding these formatting characters. I have not used Windows in a while, but the "Generic Text Printer" driver might now be trying to "do something smart". Which print driver are you using?

When I originally wrote Java LPD, I used it to capture print job and store them so I could print them later. It should be able to capture the print jobs in binary format for most any printer driver.

One other question how are you deducing that hypens and CR linebreaks are being added to the output?

-Chris