From: Tim E. Real <termtech@ro...> - 2010-05-08 00:45:33
Our number one power user, Geoff, found a fairly serious bug
concerning xml .med file storage.
He had created some song markers with quotation marks in the names.
The xml writing code did not translate them to xml-friendly entities,
and upon reloading the song he got trouble.
I verified that other characters like &<>\" did the same thing.
Many months ago I had fixed non-xml-friendly character usage
in string tags, which did fix things like track names, but I neglected
tags and attributes.
So I fixed up all usages of tags and attributes, and now
characters like &<>\" should be OK in ANY name used in MusE,
in ANY section.
Unfortunately, this won't fix existing broken .med song files.
So here's the deal:
*** If you have ANY troublesome MusE .med song file which won't load,
for ANY reason, I will personally try to repair it for you.
Please, don't hesitate to contact me!
Good day. And thanks Geoff.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.