From: Robert Jonsson <robert.jonsson@da...> - 2004-05-21 18:41:56
I've done more recording, to my enjoyment I could do most (all?) of the things
I set out to do.
- 4 tracks audio
- 6 tracks midi
- 2 fluidsynths (with three soundfonts)
- Drums provided by Linuxsampler through Jack
- Just one barely audible plugin used
- About 50% cpu
- about 10 hours recording time
- One crash previously reported wrt floating point exception
(I have a nagging feeling there was another crash but I can't recall what it
- "Something" is acting up when exporting, don't know what it is. In the end I
did the export through Jack->ecasound in realtime. The result was audibly
better. A imagine that a switch for exporting in realtime vs freewheeling
would be useful for finding out where the problem is.
- Sometimes audio-parts seased being audible. I solved it simply by selecting
the part, pressing delete, and then selecting undo. The part would reappear
and now sounds OK. I think this happened while reorganizing parts,
- I also experienced the same problem I did with the previous song I posted.
The synths started to act up, the organ didn't receive note-off when pressing
stop and it was to loud and all kinds of strange fenomenon. This was solved
by quitting everything and restarting Jack. After this procedure everything
was fit for fight again. Possibly this is a machine specific problem.
Ok, that is all I can remember.
Ooo, this is getting fun :-) so many projects to do!
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.