can please anyone implement drawing "jagged" edges for parts which hide
notes in the part canvas?
finding out whether the edge has to be jagged or not is easy: class
Part has a function bool hasHiddenNotes(), which tells you exactly this.
it's just a graphical issue which should be easy to implement for
anyone who knows about qt and graphics in qt a bit (not me :( )
btw, the current behaviour (in experimental) is the following:
i think this is sane; please tell me whether you think the same ;)
- if you resize a clone, all otrher clones with the same length are
resized as well. this happens always, regardless if done in the part
canvas, or by auto-expanding in the pianoroll etc.
- if you resize a clone in the part canvas while holding ctrl,
same-length-clones are NOT resized.
- if you shorten parts, the notes at the end will NEVER be erased,
they're always only hidden.
- menu entries exist for "erase hidden notes", "shorten all parts
to minimum possible length" and "lengthen all parts to make all hidden
- if operating on a part with hidden notes, auto-expand refuses to
expand the part. instead, nothing is done
(this is still work-in-progress: the score editor and steprec and
probably some else auto-expand stuff isn't adapted properly right now,
but will be)