LMMS is a free cross-platform alternative to commercial programs like FL Studio®, which allow you to produce music with your computer. This includes the creation of melodies and beats, the synthesis and mixing of sounds, and arranging of samples. You can have fun with your MIDI-keyboard and much more; all in a user-friendly and modern interface.
After 15 months of hard work we're proud to announce the availability of LMMS 0.4.0, the Qt4-based successor of the 0.3.x series. Thanks to all who helped making up this release (especially those who kept up testing and reporting bugs)!
Most of the core parts were rewritten and the whole application was ported to Qt4. This results in a cleanly designed core, much better performance, higher stability, platform interoperability (LMMS is now running on MS Windows and Apple's OS X too), and of course a lot of new features.
Most important new features:
* New artwork and style: LMMS 0.4.0 looks modern, professional, and uniform
* FX-mixer: Now you can route the output of each instrument-track into
one of 64 FX-channels
* Heavily improved automation: Freely usable automation-tracks and patterns
* Controllers: All knobs can be controlled live by one of the controllers:
* Enjoy SoundFont files directly in LMMS using the new SF2-Player plugin
* Create chiptune music with the new SID and PAPU plugins
* Watch your sounds with the new SpectrumAnalyzer-plugin
* Export your projects at arbitrary samplerates with oversampling of up to 8x
* LMMS now takes advantage of multiple cores/CPUs by using worker-threads
* Time signatures other than 4/4 are now supported
* Triplet notes can be used
* Render your projects without any GUI/X11 in console mode
* A selection of best LADSPA plugins is shipped with LMMS (mainly concerns
* Basic PulseAudio support (although ALSA is still recommended)
* cmake-based build system allowing faster builds and greatly improved
* Improved XML-based file format (not readable by 0.3.x)
* Integration of the popular ZynAddSubFX synthesizer as a LMMS plugin
(Linux users will find it in the "LMMS extras" package)
* Heavily improved support for importing MIDI files
The download is available at
More information is available at the new project-homepage
and the Wiki
Please also notice the LMMS Sharing Platform (LSP):
Log in to post a comment.