Menu

Clean command line equivalent for View/Quit

Gronaz
2020-04-14
2020-04-15
  • Gronaz

Gronaz - 2020-04-14

Hi
    Using Jamulus on linux with qjackctl I notice that Jamulus won't store it's settings when I stop jackd (w w/o a pre-stop script with "killall jamulus" inside.
    I learned things about differences in killall and /bin/kill and builtin bash kill and signal too, but not being skilled I'd like to know which is the signal to send for gentle View/Exit, and also if some or all options between ending "&", sleep N (and exit 0 on the end) are required here.
    Thank you

Last edit: Gronaz 2020-04-14
    • Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-04-14

I think if you're using qjackctl you should use that to stop jackd (and not stop jackd manually while qjackctl is running), but I'm not sure.

BTW I usually try kill -INT as I think allows the process to finish what it's doing first.

Last edit: Gilgongo 2020-04-14
  • Gronaz

Gronaz - 2020-04-14

Hi Gilgongo
    I tried pkill -INT jamulus and kill -INT <pid> and /bin/kill -INT <pid> but none kept e.g. fader settings as when I use View/Exit

[EDIT]

I think if you're using qjackctl you should use that to stop jackd (and not stop jackd manually while qjackctl is running), but I'm not sure.

I stop and or quit jackd from within qjackctl

PS : I could not edit the thread title (View/Exit instead of View/Quit, my bad)

Last edit: Gronaz 2020-04-14
    • Gilgongo

Gilgongo - 2020-04-14

That's strange. What Linux distro/version are you using?

Last edit: Gilgongo 2020-04-14
  • Gronaz

Gronaz - 2020-04-14

ubuntu 16.04.6. I don't think there could be such change to the behaviour of kill (even bash built-in). Maybe View/Exit=Ctrl+Q have a special handle in the Jamulus source to auto-store settings in the ini file that can't happen when exited from cmd line. Don't worry, that is not such a huge problem: I can workaround by remembering to manually exit Jamulus when I want something to be stored.
    Thank you for spending some time to reply.
    Bye Man

• Gronaz

Gronaz - 2020-04-15

There is something automatic in Windows that isn't in nuxes : example with LO.
    I'll posted a feature request @github