Menu

recommend an audio interface for use with jamulus..

2021-02-03
2021-02-05
  • gordon westgarth

tried behringer UMC22 without success...any recommendations plse..want to play bass ans sing thro

• Chris Rimple

Chris Rimple - 2021-02-03

Focusrite Scarlett Solo or 2i2 are both good and commonly used with Jamulus.

• Jean Croix

Jean Croix - 2021-02-03

gordon what is your system? win? lin? mac?

• Jean Croix

Jean Croix - 2021-02-03

if Windoes, look for Behringer 2902 driver. ASIO4all might not work as with the UM2 and others using the same chip (PCM2902). They need this dedicated driver but Behringer has discontinued support for it, that's why they don't have it in their downloads, but you will find it on the web.

• BTDT

BTDT - 2021-02-03

I use a Yamaha MG10XU a mixer with USB output using the supplied Steinberg low latency driver. The mixer gives you:

10-Channel Mixing Console.
    Max. 4 Mic / 10 Line Inputs (4 mono + 3 stereo)
    1 Stereo Bus.
    1 AUX (incl. FX)
    “D-PRE” mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit.
    1-Knob compressors.
    High-grade effects: SPX with 24 programs.
    24-bit / 192kHz 2in / 2out USB Audio functions.

Besides your bass and vocal mic, you may want to connect a phone or tablet to share audio such as song clips. I connect a Zoom H2 to the tape out to record locally. I paid only $149 during a Deal of the Day online but ask and you may get a similar deal,

• gordon westgarth

thanks for responses guys..I've ordered focusrite..

• Luuk

Luuk - 2021-02-05

Sorry, wrong topic

Last edit: Luuk 2021-02-05
  • Jean Croix

Jean Croix - 2021-02-05

Yesterday I helped a musician with an unknown USB box to get it to work under Windows / ASIO4ALL. She had no sound on mic and headphones, except occasionally for a short moment.
    What helped was activating the device's internal buffers in the ASIO settings.