Jamulus Server!

gC
2013-10-16
2013-10-26
  • gC

gC - 2013-10-16

Hello,
    I would like to set up a Jamulus server but the instructions are so confusing to me, I am a musician.

The only info I can found are:
    chrt 99 ionice -c1 nice -n -20 Jamulus -s -n -g -l /var/log/llconserver1 -e "localhost" -o "jamulus.dyndns.org;Aachen;82" &

this for me, just like that, doesn't make any sense.

There is any kind soul here that can explain me step by step how to set this server?

Many thanks in advance
    gC

• gC

gC - 2013-10-19

Hi I am on a Mac 10.6.8

Thanks

• Volker Fischer

Volker Fischer - 2013-10-20

If you just want to see the server GUI, under Linux you have to compile the source than go into the Jamulus root directory and start it with
    ./Jamulus -s

Under Mac download Jamulus, unzip the package, double click on the package (the drive is automatically mounted and the files are shown) and drag the Jamulus application on your Desktop. Then open a command shell and type
    cd ~/Desktop/Jamulus.app/Contents/MacOS/
    ./Jamulus -s

• gC

gC - 2013-10-20

Many thanks Volker, works great on terminal.
      However, I don't know if you can help with this issue, I tryed to automate the process and I wrote a little applescript. When I run it from the editor, it works just as expected but If I save it as an App, it doesn't work at all. That's really odd as I do a lot of automation this way and I never bumbed in this issue.
      This the script:

on run
      set myCommand to "cd /Users/gc/Applications/Jamulus-3.3.2-mac/Jamulus.app/Contents/MacOS/; ./Jamulus -s"
      set r to display dialog "Start or stop the Jamulus server ?" buttons {"Stop", "Start"} default button 2
      set serverRunning to do shell script "/bin/ps -ax | /usr/bin/grep 'Jamulus' | /usr/bin/grep -v 'grep' || true"

if button returned of r is "Start" and serverRunning is "" then --the server is not running.

tell application "/Users/gc/Applications/Jamulus-3.3.2-mac/Jamulus.app"
      activate
      end tell
      tell application "Terminal"
      do script myCommand
      --delay 1
      --quit
      end tell
      else if button returned of r is "Stop" and serverRunning is not "" then --server run

tell application "Terminal"
      do script "killall QUIT Jamulus"
      quit
      end tell
      end if
      end run

Thank you in advance for any thought about.
      gC

• Volker Fischer

Volker Fischer - 2013-10-21

Unfortunately I have never worked with Apple Script before so I cannot help you with that.

• gC

gC - 2013-10-21

I understand, thank you anyway.

However, when I start in server mode, it's temporary but I can see other servers always up. How can I make the link to my server to be always available?

Thank you

• Volker Fischer

Volker Fischer - 2013-10-26

Maybe I did not understand your question correctly. What do you mean by "always available"?

There is a mechanism implemented in Jamulus that a server can automatically register at the main server so that it is shown in the client server list. As long as your server is running, you are in the list.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks