Different viewing server list under router

2013-06-08
2013-06-10
  • Vasyl Saftiuk

Vasyl Saftiuk - 2013-06-08

Hi all!
    At first thanx for beautiful application! I realy enjoy it .)

So, I have a problem with different viewing of server lists under router (two LAN computers).
    They both works under Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate, connected to D-Link router DIR-615 model. My provider gives me 100Mbp/s connection. Both computers have got installed Jamulus 3.3.1.
    When i run server (it names "Kiev.test" in attachment images) with option of registering on default CENTRAL SERVER (jamulus.dyndns.org) on the first one, then open Jamulus client and press "connect", i can see a server list with my created (shared) server. Also i can connect to each server in that server list including my server.

BUT.
    When i open Jamulus client on THE SECOND computer and press "connect", i DON'T see my created server and, somehow, also DON'T see some servers showed into the server list of THE FIRST computer.

And it is interesting: when i disconnect INTERNET cable from router and connect it directly to any of my computers - this "bug" disappears. I see all absent servers and my created server too.

(notice)
    If i understood right, i must not Forward Ports in router, if i create a registered in jamulus.dyndns.org server. It is important when i create not registered (not shared) server for private p2p connection only. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Also I did not test a present of my created shared server from other external IP (computer), when my computer(s) work(s) under NAT, so, don't know, does it show it, or does not.

So.

What everyone thinks about it? What configures i need do?
    thanks in advance for any help.

Last edit: Vasyl Saftiuk 2013-06-08
  • Volker Fischer

Volker Fischer - 2013-06-09

It is a known issue of Jamulus that you do not see your own server if you are in the same local network. Unfortunately it is not straight forward to solve this issue. That is the reason I did not fix it yet.

I also noticed at my computers at home that sometimes some other servers are missing on the computer which does not run a Jamulus server. I have no explanation of this effect yet.

If you want to connect your own server in your local network, it is possible to type in the local IP address and connect directly without using the server list as a workaround.

• Vasyl Saftiuk

Vasyl Saftiuk - 2013-06-10

Understood. Will know about it.
    And realy, when i start servers, then clients on both computers, i can see all my servers, and, as a rule, all public servers. But very sometimes towards public servers even starting own server does not help to see them all.