Can't compile on Mac OS X 10.5

OSX/Darwin
neer
2009-01-12
2012-09-15
  • neer

neer - 2009-01-12

Hey,

I'm trying to compile LiVES on my MacBook Pro (Intel), and I'm using MacPorts to provide all the dependencies. However, I get stuck on libtool complaining on the flag "-Bsymbolic", which after searching the net apparently is not a supported flag with Apple's libtool.

Is there an option to set to prevent this flag during compliation? Can I make use of the GNU libtool instead? (Called 'glibtool' in MacPorts as not to break compability with Apple's own libtool) Or have I missed a dependecy? (None are reported by ./configure though...)

I tried changing the compiler from Apple's gcc to the GNU gcc 4.3.2, but they apparently both use the same ld, so no help there.

Finally, here's the output from 'make' where it fails:

snip
    libtool: link: gcc -Wl,-undefined -Wl,dynamic_lookup -o .libs/gdk_fast_resize.so -bundle .libs/gdk_fast_resize.o -L/opt/local/lib -L/usr/X11/lib /opt/local/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgdk-x11-2.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libatk-1.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgio-2.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libtiff.dylib /opt/local/lib/libjasper.dylib /opt/local/lib/libjpeg.dylib /opt/local/lib/libpangocairo-1.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libcairo.dylib /opt/local/lib/libpangoft2-1.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libpixman-1.dylib /opt/local/lib/libpng12.dylib /usr/X11/lib/libXrender.1.3.0.dylib /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.2.0.dylib /usr/X11/lib/libXau.6.0.0.dylib /usr/X11/lib/libXdmcp.6.0.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libpango-1.0.dylib -lm /opt/local/lib/libfontconfig.dylib /opt/local/lib/libexpat.dylib /opt/local/lib/libfreetype.dylib -lz /opt/local/lib/libgobject-2.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libgmodule-2.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libglib-2.0.dylib /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib -lc /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib -L/usr/lib64 ../../../libweed/.libs/libweed-utils.a ../../../libweed/.libs/libweed-plugin-utils.a -Wl,-Bsymbolic -framework Carbon
    ld: unknown option: -Bsymbolic
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[3]: [gdk_fast_resize.la] Error 1
    make[2]:
    [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: [all-recursive] Error 1
    make:
    [all-recursive] Error 1

• neer

neer - 2009-01-12

Right, as usual I posted too soon. Found the issue in the Bugs-tracker... I'll just follow it there instead.

• nupulse

nupulse - 2011-01-05

HI there

with macbook pro 1.8 core duo and lives 1.3.10

no problem with ./configure but I have this error after sudo make

Making all in libOSC

Making all in .

make: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.

Making all in client

make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Making all in sendOSC

make: Nothing to be done for `all'.

Making all in intl

make: *** No rule to make target ../config.h', needed bybindtextdom.o'.
    Stop.

make: *** Error 1

dont know how to continue

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks