Need an example

henry
2011-04-16
2013-05-28
  • henry

henry - 2011-04-16

I have hunted on the Net for an example of how to use LiveGraph to plot data. Other than the one on the main LiveGraph web page showing how to write the data  I have found zero. Would it be possible to see an example of how the plotting part can be run.

Regards

• henry

henry - 2011-04-18

For the benefit of other newbees to Java and this application. First good luck trying to following the ReadMe instructions in the ZIP download files. They are outdated I suspect.

I am using Netbeans to run/develop my Java application. I pulled in the "Example for using the LiveGraph Writer API ". It runs fine.
    Next I wanted to see if I could launch the Plotting program. No luck as per instructions in the README file. Then I noticed this
    "Now you can  run the application as follows:

app.exec(new String);
    "
    I tried this but no luck. Method "exec" is not correct as it must have changed from the date the info was placed on the website. This did work for me,

LiveGraph app = LiveGraph.application();
      app.execStandalone (new String[] {"-dfs", "/yourapplication/startup.lgdfs"});

Looks like a good program but you need some strong nerves if you a new to Java to deal with this.

Good Luck and Cheers  :-)

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks