My remote that came with a sapphire 550 tv tuner card is not working for the moment, but I am quite sure that I have found the solution to the problem. It is made by the same comapny who makes the mce remotes ( and should work with the same driver, but because of another name in the hardware it is not recognized. I found the solution in this thread and it seems the following two lines has to be added:
#define VENDOR_JESSLINK          0x0766
                 /* Jess-Link Products Co., Ltd */
As I have very little knowledge about compiling I was wondering if someone would be kind to do this for me. I will be glad to test the stuff of course, and maybe it should go into the packages as well to help other people with the same problem.
Thank you,