Intuos3 mouse buttons work in Ubuntu 12.04, then stop working after an hour or so

Help
d2the3
2014-03-12
2014-04-06
  • d2the3

d2the3 - 2014-03-12

Working in a fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 64 bit. Bought a used Wacom Intuos3 6x11 tablet off Ebay, along with Grip Pen and mouse (ZC-100-02). On startup of PC, mouse will work for some time (~hour). Eventually, mouse buttons (left and right) no longer produce an effect on the PC. The light on the tablet continues to switch from blue to green and back when L, R buttons are pressed, but no action in PC. Mouse still moves the pointer around, and scroll wheel still works (I think). Using input-utils (sudo input-events 3), L, R button presses are still being detected by the computer. xsetwacom -Version returns 0.19.0. Is there some kind of driver conflict? Thanks for any tips. I googled around, but have run out of ideas. I'm not a computer expert.

• Wolthera

Wolthera - 2014-03-14

I happen to own a intuous myself. I can confirm this problem on the 0.20.0 input drivers and 0.23 xf86 drivers.

• d2the3

d2the3 - 2014-04-06

Bought a second used Wacom mouse off Ebay (ZC-100-00A). First mouse (above) had sticking buttons. Second mouse clicks better, but mouse buttons eventually completely stop working in a given session of Ubuntu 12.04. Restart PC and they work again. Still using same Wacom tablet. Guess I will see what happens when I get around to upgrading to newer Ubuntu release.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks