The current implementation of touch (gestures) has some undesireably sideeffects. For example you can't perform a gesture without clicking. The following is how it *should* be:
* A half Click (Button 1 Press) is only emitted if the finger is touched and pulled (as for dragging)
* A complete click is only performed /after/ the finger has been retracted from the touchscreen
This would allow for less interference between clicking and gestures, such as rightclick, scrolling and zooming.
* Leftclicking: Short tap (click is only emitted after a short tap has succesfully been detected. A mere "finger down" should not suffice)
* Rightclicking: Put left finger down (nothing is registered yet), tap with second finger (same rule applies)
* Dragging: Put left finger down (no op, again), drag with left finger (the instant the dragging starts/threshold distance has been crossed (that threshhold should be generically configurable - as opposed to Zoom- and ScrollDistance!!!), a left half click is emitted), release left finger (click is completed by issueing release event)
* Scrolling: Put left finger down (no op, again), put second finger down (no op), start dragging
* Zooming: Same rules apply.
Log in to post a comment.