#193 Three fingers render pen unusable

closed
nobody
2015-12-04
2011-05-12
ManDay
No

The "Pen takes precedence over touch" thing works in 70% of the cases I'd say. The other 30% are those where I rest my palm on the screen.

In those cases, which are with 95% probability reproducible by touching the palm down wrist first so that you bring the pen down by rolling over the heel of the hand, the mouse pointer will then not follow the pen but stay at about the point where your wrist/palm touched down.

Now some fancy paths this situation can take, starting from where you have palm and hand down, and the pen too (hovering or not), and the
cursor is at the palm:

Raising hand, pen still down: Cursor doesnt budge
Raising pen out of prox. and bringing it back: Dito.
Raising hand, keeping pen down, bringing a finger back to operate the touchpad normally: Dito.
Raising hand and pen, bringing either back: Normal operations resume.

Discussion

  • ManDay

    ManDay - 2011-05-15

    Looks like everything that is "more than two fingers" confuses the driver. There are all sorts of weird thigs happening if I touch down three fingers, for instance when the Button 1 is bound to be Button 2, there is no Button Release event emitted when I raise the fingers. And also the pen stops working when I touch down with three fingers (or more...)

     
  • ManDay

    ManDay - 2011-05-15
    • summary: Stylus over Touch precedence does not work --> Three fingers render pen unusable
     
  • Ping Cheng

    Ping Cheng - 2015-11-24

    MT gesture is not supported in driver

     
  • Ping Cheng

    Ping Cheng - 2015-11-24
    • status: open --> closed
    • Group: --> Production
     

Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:





No, thanks