Menu

Another license for font

He Xintong
2015-03-19
2015-04-29
  • He Xintong

He Xintong - 2015-03-19

Hello everyone,

I found another font license which you can release and use the font freely, it is “GPL font exception”. This is an optional clause that can be added to the GNU GPL permitting digital fonts shared with that license to be embedded within a digital document file without requiring the document itself to also be shared with GPL. You can add this clause at the end of the GPL text:

As a special exception, if you create a document which uses this font, and embed this font or unaltered portions of this font into the document, this font does not by itself cause the resulting document to be covered by the GNU General Public License. This exception does not however invalidate any other reasons why the document might be covered by the GNU General Public License. If you modify this font, you may extend this exception to your version of the font, but you are not obligated to do so. If you do not wish to do so, delete this exception statement from your version.

Is there any questions?

Last edit: He Xintong 2015-03-19
  • davelab6

davelab6 - 2015-04-14

I believe this is already used.

• He Xintong

He Xintong - 2015-04-29

OK, you are right, this font is really released under GPL+font exception, I found this clause at GPL.txt.