Success

2003-11-17
2003-11-17
  • Erich Kitzmüller

I have a No-Name USB WLAN adapter, which uses the ZD1201 chipset, and it seems to work well with the driver supplied by this project (using Mandrake 9.1).

• Erich Kitzmüller

It's important to RTFM. I'm using Kernel 2.4.21-0.13mdk. My computer is a Toshiba Satellite S3000-514 notebook.
      On this computer, I need the Usb-Patch.
      Instead of using one of the supplied kernel patches (which seem not to match Mandrakes odd kernel), I copied the files mentioned in the documentation, patched usb.c and hub.c and compiled. Configure and make all worked (one note: you need hcd.h to be able to compile at all, it's missing in the download but you find it in the kernel sources).
      The zdsta-3718_usb driver compiled without problems.
      When doing the install, you need to do some manual steps: p80211.o and prism2_usb.o exist already in /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/prism25/p80211 resp. /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/prism25/usb, you need to replace those files so the kernel will not load the original - not working - modules.
      They are gzipped there, so I renamed the original modules, copied the new ones there and gzipped them.
      In /lib/modules/2.4.21-0.13mdk/kernel/drivers/usb, the original usbcore.o.gz and the new usbcore.o co-exist. I don't know whether or not one of them can be removed, but it works and I am happy, so I will not try to find it out.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks