Menu

Remote connection denial

BJnsn
2022-01-16
2022-01-17
  • BJnsn

BJnsn - 2022-01-16

I spent a few hours digging in manuals with Ctl-F and google looking for why linpac will auto disconnect an attempt from another station connecting in.

I noticed it once after I got up and running on HF. RK station, got kicked right way. Thought it was weird, but OK.

Next I setup 2 VHF stations for playing and learning. One KPC3+ and one Direwolf Linpac. I can connect to the KPC3+, but get booted any time I try a connect with the linpac side.

Any advice would be appreciated.

BJ

• David Ranch

David Ranch - 2022-01-17

It sounds like you haven't configured Linpac to answer incoming connections. In the LinPac/macro/init.mac file under the ";; Callsign setup" area, what do you have? You need at LEAST one entry there such as "mycall@1 KI6ZHD". Also, what version of Linpac are you running. It's recommended to be running at least 0.28.

--David

• BJnsn

BJnsn - 2022-01-17

Ahaaa wasn't that. I went through my whole file system and pulled all linpac stuff out, then reinstalled everything. This time I got a SELinux Alerts notification as soon as a connection attempt happened. Don't know how I missed the previous ones. Guessing all audio was pipped to RigBlaster and didn't hear it.

It was nice of them to suggest the following because it worked.

*****  Plugin catchall (2.93 confidence) suggests   **************************

If you believe that linpac should be allowed read access on ax25_socket labeled unlabeled_t by default.
    Then you should report this as a bug.
    You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
    Do
    allow this access for now by executing:
    # ausearch -c 'linpac' --raw | audit2allow -M my-linpac
    # semodule -X 300 -i my-linpac.pp

After the first command it said to run semodule -i my-linpac.pp and leaving out the -X 300 part. If it's an exacutable type deal for after reboot I'm sure I'll find out.

Running Fedora 35 FYI.

Thanks for getting back. It's been fun digging through the program and files after digging into the maunual and docs.

And thanks a bunch for supporting Linux and Ham Radio