I discovered that the xosd plugin is broken. The parameter declaration of the two functions in the xosdctrl.h breaks the dynamic binding of those two functions resulting in a not working xosd pluging (the init() method of the displayctrl.cpp.
The first initializations works because it's done by the constructor of the plugin.
The main loop the destroys the xosd display and initializes it again. But there the wrong init() method is called thus no new xosd is initialized and nothing can be displayed. (The if statement in the show(string) won't be executed since osd==NULL from the previously called destroy method)
I fixed the problem and appended a patch.
Log in to post a comment.