Errors importing a project from a CVS server.

Alfonso
2006-02-23
2013-04-08
  • Alfonso

Alfonso - 2006-02-23

Whenever I try something I get this error
    cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::PserverBackend() Connect (No route to host)
    I've used scripts to checkout stuff from CVS one like this (Which has always worked for me).
    cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/openemr login
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/openemr co -P openemr
    cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/openemr co -P freeb
    Thanks
    PS just in case I'm just looking for a tool with which I can make changes to the app (and keep track) and submit the diffs to the admins for uploading.
    Thanks

• Tilo Riemer

Tilo Riemer - 2006-02-23

Which version of LinCVS do you use? On which platform? Which parameters have you entered in the checkout dialog?

> submitting of diffs

You can create patches from within LinCVS. You could send these patches to an admin.

Best regards, Tilo Riemer

• Alfonso

Alfonso - 2006-02-23

144 on OpenSuSe Linux
      user anonymous
      cvs server cvs.sourceforge.net
      repository /cvsroot/openemr
      password
      module openemr
      or
      Do I create a local repository and make my patches there?  And then send them?

Thanks

• Alfonso

Alfonso - 2006-02-23

Ok it seems like sourceforge had some sort of problem last night.  I can checkout with no problem.

Still my question is what is the simplest way that I can check out the app, create changes locally, and send the diffs to an admin,  Everytime I try to do some it seems to want to talk with the sourceforge repository.
      Is there a How to or a Simple step by step guide?
      Thanks