How do I use the ssh agents in the profile manager?
I want the agent to be ksshagent.
I don't want to type in my password every time I *do* something.
> How do I use the ssh agents in the profile manager?
Please select "use own/running ssh agent" in the properties of the relevant folder.
> I want the agent to be ksshagent.
As far as I know ksshagent is "only" a frontend to ssh-agent. I guess you can use ksshagent to create the needed keys.
> I don't want to type in my password every time I *do* something.
Step by step:
- create a ssh key pair (rsh recommended)
- transfer the public part of the key to the server. Save the key in ˜/.ssh
- save the private key on your workstation in ˜/.ssh
- check the connection using "ssh server"
- if the connection on the command line works it should also work from within CrossVC
Please send us an email if you still have problems to email@example.com
Hi, thank you for your interest.
I managed to start a ssh-agent every time I start KDE (I ignore if this works for GNOME, too).
The idea was from: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_ssh-agent_the_easy_way
This way, I was able to select "use running ssh-agent" on each Project in the workbench and type my password only once (at the start of KDE).
Hope this helps someone else.
Log in to post a comment.