Yiming Sun - 2011-02-15

Hi,

I am evaluating AuditLog as a possible candidate for audit logging on a project we are working on, and have a couple of questions.

1. is there a way to set AuditLog's threshold via the limpid log properties file rather than programmatically?  AuditLog's documentation mentions the setThreshold command, and I tried to add it into the limpidlog.properties file as a property, but it didn't seem to work, because I am still getting log statements from all the levels.  So I would like to know the correct property name for this

contents of limpidlog.properties

logProxy=file
applicants=ttl.LimpidLogTester
pluginClassName=auditlog.AuditLog
AuditLog.setThreshold=4   #### this doesn't work...  so it is probably not correct

2. by reading the documentations on both limpidlog and auditlog, I got the impression that to use limpidlog, i don't need to specify anything on the classpath, and just need to set the -javaagent option to the correct limpidlog jar, and to use auditlog, i just add an additional classpath pointing to the auditlog.jar.  but for some reason, auditlog kept complaining about limpidlog/lib/Constants not being found, and I had to include limpidlog jar in the classpath.  Also, experiment shows that once I have limpidlog.jar on the classpath, the -javaagent option is not necessary.  Just would like to confirm this.  Thanks.

• Yiming