users regularly tell us that the Limesurvey admin interface looks a
little outdated. We heard those voices and are planning to improve the
design and layout of the admin backend. Note that as a first step we are
*not* considering a complete redesign but want to limit the efforts to
some style and layout improvements (generally everything that can be
done with some additional CSS).
We are planning to work on this in several steps:
1. Ask for ideas -> that's what we need */your/* help/feedback for.
We have created a wiki page to collect ideas so please add your
2. Analyze ideas at the developer meetings and sum up what will be
3. Take some of our donation money to run a contest at 99 Designs
<http://99designs.com/>(external link) asking designers to prepare
some sample designs for the main admin screen. This will probably
also include the guarantee for a follow up contract to adjust all
other admin screens like condition designer, template editor,
browse response overview, ... in a similar way.
4. Let our users vote which design they like best.
5. Choose a design and ask the designer to provide the overworked CSS
for the main admin backend.
6. Tell the designer to adjust further screens (see 3.) if we are
satisfied with his/her work.
7. Implement everything at one of the upcoming 2.x releases (most
probably not the 2.0 version).
So please take a minute to think how we can improve the admin backend
and share your thought at the wiki page.
Limesurvey Head of Support