Here goes my first weekly status as a GSoC 2011 student ;) Any comments and suggestions are welcomed.
1. Made the first version of project page (http://docs.limesurvey.org/Rebuild+the+database+frontend+using+CodeIgniter and this is a related article http://www.limesurvey.org/en/component/content/article/29-security-advisories/222-gsoc-2011-pooja-narula-and-the-database-frontend-rebuild) .
2. Started reading the DBSE code.
Last meeting had the following conclusions:
1. Reading the DBSE code continues.
2. Getting acquainted to CI and identifying challenges in rebuilding DBSE code in CI.(Like looking if CI supports multiple primary key fields, as cake did not.)
3. Planning to make the database views using MySQL Workbench.
4. Decision to port the controller first (by writing the stubs only), and then work on models.
I'll be having my exams 14th May onwards, so will be doing lesser work for the project.
In case of any doubts regarding our work please contact me or my mentors Maarten Tielemans (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Pieter-Jan Speelmans (email@example.com) .