The Advanced File Uploader has been implemented and is fully functional, well almost fully functional ;-)
So, Now one can do the following using the advanced file uploader:
- Upload one or more files by just the click of a single button
- Define Title and add comments to the file
- Once uploaded, the system lets you know that the file has been uploaded by giving a nice notice.
- Once the files have been uploaded, the surveyee has 2 options -
In the Gallery Tab, one can
- go to the "Gallery" Tab
- upload more files on the "From Computer" Tab
Once, the surveyee is satisfied that he doesn't want to make any further modifications to the uploaded files, he can close the dialog, and return to the survey page.
- Preview image files. Support for other file types may be added later
- Edit the metaadata (title/comment) of the uploaded files
- delete uploaded files
The following still needs to be done with regard to the Advanced File Uploader.
The uploader works, but looks a little ugly, as we are yet to work on the template. Also, there are a couple of form fields for debugging purposes and are going to stay there for a while during the development period. These will be set to hidden once the uploader becomes stable.
- Post-uploading, when the surveyee returns to the survey page from the Advanced File uploader, he should see the list of uploaded files and small delete icons next to them for ease of use.
So, go ahead and give it a shot !
You can grab a copy of this dev version with File Upload Question Type at
Select 'File Upload Type' in the question type while creating a question. You will have to create the directory "limesurvey_dev/upload/tmp" and give write permissions. If you come across any bugs, please report them at bugs.limesurvey.org and assign them to 'texens'.
The targets for the upcoming iteration (June 8 to June 15) are:
- Data Entry
- Response Browsing
- Response Editing
- Zipper/Compressor (to compress the uploaded files)
- Downloader (download the uploaded files - after compression)
Looking forward to your feedback and comments,