Here is a quick status update on the development of the survey
I had a discussion with Carsten earlier this week, and we agreed on
And we made some architectural decisions:
- I have joined the development team, and have access to the
- Since this feature is in some senses a standalone feature, it
is a good project for a newbie, so I'll do a substantial amount
of work by myself, with some mentoring by Carsten
My approach will be as follows:
- This feature will be built into the main admin functionality
of LimeSurvey. This requires translators to login, but it
maintains the security model.
- So, step one is to create a "survey translation" screen.
- Step two is to create a new user security type, called
translator. Only users with translation rights will be able to
access this screen. The survey administrator will be able to
create new users with translator status, so this requires a
change to the survey security part of the system
I shall post occasional status updates to the mailing list, and will
let you know once I start submitting my changes to the dev codeline.
- Create the admin screen, and restrict access to administrator
users. This step allows me to build and test most of the core
functionality, and get an alpha quality demonstration built into
the system as soon as possible.
- Modify the survey security elements to create a new user type.