progress looks fine so far, thanks a lot for all the work done!
Didn't you set up a test installation which can be used for testing?
Would be great to add the link to it (plus login data) at your weekly
mails so we can test and also at the forum so other users can test on
this system without having to grab the files from SVN. Will result in
much more user input I think!
Am 08.06.2010 17:41, schrieb Amit Shanker:
The Advanced File Uploader has been implemented and is fully
functional, well almost fully functional ;-)
So, Now one can do the following using the advanced file uploader:
- Upload one or more files by just the click of a single button
- Define Title and add comments to the file
- Once uploaded, the system lets you know that the file has been
uploaded by giving a nice notice.
- Once the files have been uploaded, the surveyee has 2 options -
In the Gallery Tab, one can
- go to the "Gallery" Tab
- upload more files on the "From Computer" Tab
Once, the surveyee is satisfied that he doesn't want to make
any further modifications to the uploaded files, he can close the
dialog, and return to the survey page.
- Preview image files. Support for other file types may be
- Edit the metaadata (title/comment) of the uploaded files
- delete uploaded files
The following still needs to be done with regard to the Advanced File
The uploader works, but looks a little ugly, as we are yet to work on
the template. Also, there are a couple of form fields for debugging
purposes and are going to stay there for a while during the development
period. These will be set to hidden once the uploader becomes stable.
- Post-uploading, when the surveyee returns to the survey page
from the Advanced File uploader, he should see the list of uploaded
files and small delete icons next to them for ease of use.
So, go ahead and give it a shot !
You can grab a copy of this dev version with File Upload Question Type
Select 'File Upload Type' in the question type while creating a
question. You will have to create the directory
"limesurvey_dev/upload/tmp" and give write permissions. If you come
across any bugs, please report them at bugs.limesurvey.org and assign
them to 'texens'.
The targets for the upcoming iteration (June 8 to June 15) are:
- Data Entry
- Response Browsing
- Response Editing
- Zipper/Compressor (to compress the uploaded files)
- Downloader (download the uploaded files - after compression)
Looking forward to your feedback and comments,
ThinkGeek and WIRED's GeekDad team up for the Ultimate
GeekDad Father's Day Giveaway. ONE MASSIVE PRIZE to the
lucky parental unit. See the prize list and enter to win:
limesurvey-developers mailing list