I wondered why the uninstall is different than the install mechanisme. I
though it would be an improvement if the uninstall classes and the
unstall.dat data file was stored in one file similar to the way the
installer is packaged into one .class file.
A patch that does exactly that is available here:
A short description of the changes:
- An Uninstall loader class is added. It is almost a copy of the Install
class but the Uninstall class loads all entries in the zip archive and
then closes the archive. That way, the Uninstall.class file can be
deleted as a normal installable file.
- The InstallerLib will write the Uninstall.class, the installer classes
and the uninstall state to a runnable zipfile.
The UninstallInfo installable is no longer needed.
- The uninstall process will attempt to read the install state as a
resource from the classloader.
- The location of the Uninstall.class can be specified in the builder.
I want it in _top_. Others will most likely want it in jlib.
- The zip subpackage from builder is copied to a zip subpackage in
installer. Ideally this should perhaps be shared in a common package.
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.